Top 5 hot water systems in Australia
It’s time to give it a look at the top 5 hot water systems in Australia. For this list, we will review two electric heaters, two gas water heaters, and one solar hot water system and let you know what we think are the best options for people living in Adelaide.
1. EvoHeat EVO270
Electric hot water system
The EvoHeat EVO240 gives you hot water up to 60°. The brand claims that EvoHeat’s heating technology, uses only 1kW of energy to generate 3.4kW of heat, saves up to 75% on hot water costs, which might be the reason why the EVO270 is also registered with the Australian Federal Government Clean Energy Regulator as an energy efficient water heater.
It has a 270L storage capacity suitable for supplying enough hot water for your entire family. It also features a Hydro Power Boost function that provides a constant stream of hot water, and a built-in timer, so you can take advantage of off-peak energy periods, plus a Vacation Mode, letting you reduce energy while you’re away from home.
- Quick operation.
- Another top quality is its constant hot temperatures
- Its easy-to-read display panel was another winner point, along with the saving energy features such as the timer and vacation mode.
2. Joolca HOTTAP
Gas hot water kit
For those with an adventurous spirit, who would still like the comfort of having a hot shower even in the wild, THIS is your best friend. HOTTAP comes in different versions, although they all have one thing in common: They are portable hot water systems! Meaning you can take it anywhere with you.
Being outdoorsy will never be the same. Connect your HOTTAP with snap-on fittings for gas and water, and that’s it. Plus, it comes with a two-stage water filter that will remove any sediments, being sturdy enough for rivers and creeks. Its robust IP3X rated pump can also resist rain, sun, hail, and more.
- It comes with a bras quick connection for gas
- Over 15h run time on a single gas tank.
- The internal microprocessor of HOTTAP prevents the water temperature from going above +50°C, making sure kids and pets are safe from burning.
Electric hot water system
This one is pretty spot on! It works the same as your fridge or air conditioning unit, but in reverse. Transfering heat from ambient air into the refrigerant and finally into the water inside the tank. Coming with a 6 year warranty, Hydrotherm is built specifically to withstand Australian conditions, so you can expect it to last 10- 15 years.
Another plus of this hot water system is that you will save you a lot of money with its 350% efficiency rating reducing running costs opposite gas and electric water heaters.
- Registered Clean Energy product with annual carbon reduction rating of 3 tonnes.
- Dual heating technology with incorporated electric elements to provide hot water up to 70°C.
- R290 natural refrigerant with effectively zero global warming potential compared to synthetic
4. Dux Prodigy 4
Gas hot water system
The Dux Prodigy 4 offers 4.2 stars on energy efficiency rating, or even higher, depending on how you use it, plus you don’t need a power point to get hot water, so even with the power off, you still get to enjoy a nice, warm shower.
It comes with a new burner technology that delivers faster recovery rates. You can get the Dux Prodigy 4 with a 135L (suitable for 3 to 6 people) or a 170L capacity (suitable for 4 to 7 people), both available in natural gas and propane. You also get a 7-year warranty for the tank and 1 year for parts and labour.
– It’s reliable, with hot water flowing steady, strong, and always available when needed.
– Easy and quick installation.
– Energy efficient.
5. iStore Air to Energy
Solar hot water system
At last, the surprise water heater on this list and the ruler of the 5th position, the solar hot water system iStore Air to Energy.
iStore presents an air-to-energy technology that creates heat from compression. Meaning is energy-efficient, reducing carbon emissions by up to 4 tonnes, and pocket-friendly. It is compatible with a PV solar power system, which is great, considering that it’s estimated that when used with solar power, energy costs can be as little as 11 cents daily.
It also comes with two in-built timers that you can customise to program the system for off-peak heating and save some extra money. Plus, its four intelligent operating modes are adaptable, including a hybrid mode for those days with family or friends visiting and a vacation mode.
– Great customer service, offering advice for its installation and follow-through
– Hot water never runs out, even with 5 people around the house.
– System temperature remained consistently high, not running out of hot water or becoming colder over time.